Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running this inside of a xen vm. It installed properly until the reboot then gets stuck at "Loading drivers, configuring devices" Going to failsafe mode gives me the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

opensuse gets stuck on boot

I am running this inside of a xen vm. It installed properly until the reboot then gets stuck at "Loading drivers, configuring devices"

Going to failsafe mode gives me the message "SMBus base address uninitialised - upgrade bios or use force_addr=0xaddr" then hangs.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Geese

Just Joined!
    I have the same problem. I don't have a sollution, but i know a workaround...

To get past the "hanging" you can simple just ctrl+c in the console. The it will boot but all hardware isn't working properly, for instance network fail 9 out of 10 times for me. The enter YaST and search for a package which name contains "xen-kmp" and remove it. The you VM will boot properly. BUT your VM cannot be fully virtualized without that kernel module, so that's why i call it a workaround
    It seems to me that there is a bug in xen-kmp when initializing hardware, that causes the system to hang...

i had the same problem in opensuse 11.2 but i was able to get past it there by making shure that there was no cd/dvd assigned to the VM, but that doesn't seem to help in this case