Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, All- Ive got an issue here that has stumped me for days, time to see if anyone can help... I'm relatively new to SuSE, I'm more familiar with RHEL/CentOS ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Issues with kernel-source and SLES 10.2

Hello, All-

Ive got an issue here that has stumped me for days, time to see if anyone can help... I'm relatively new to SuSE, I'm more familiar with RHEL/CentOS and Debian. I need to install kernel-source-2.6.16.60-0.42.5. Zypper lists it, however won't install it. Ive tried "zypper in kernel-source-2.6.16.60-42.5" and a number of other variations of this command, nothing works- keeps coming back with package not found. If I install using yast, the version installed is kernel-source-2.6.16.60-42.9, which is of no use to me. Unfortunately, I cannot install another kernel or reboot for that matter... can anyone please help?

Thanks!

-Nick

10.2 is no longer supported. I'm surprised you find any repositories active. 11.0, 11.1, and 11.2 are now the only versions with active support

Just Joined!
    Isn't that just for OpenSuSE? This is SLES, the paid-support edition... The novell-paid repos work properly, however I just cant find the command/a package manager that will allow me to install 42.5 instead of 42.9.

Hmm yes. If you can not see it in Yast it is not there. Why?? Need to ask Novel.l