Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm running OpenSuse 11.2 x64 with XFCE, Gnome and KDE. I have one of those Dlink AirPlus Wifi cards that do 802.11sg. So I ask, does this fix it or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Will MadWiFi RPM solve my Dlink AirPlus problem?

I'm running OpenSuse 11.2 x64 with XFCE, Gnome and KDE.

I have one of those Dlink AirPlus Wifi cards that do 802.11sg. So I ask, does this fix it or is there a better way.

All I have to do:

yum install madwifi

Linux Newbie
    We don't know what you problem is. Does it fix what? Maybe you could just install the rpm and find out?

You use Yum??? AFAIK that is not a normal Suse install method. Suse uses zypper.

Linux Guru
    The Madwifi drivers are being phased out, and active development is no longer being done. You should use the ath5k/ath9k family of drivers, that are already in the latest kernels.

You can always install the latest drivers by compiling the compat-wireless drivers, which include the ath5k/ath9k drivers.

Download - Linux Wireless

Of course, you really haven't told us anything about your wireless device. You may not even have Atheros chips in it. The name on the outside means nothing. It is what is inside that we need to know. See this thread on how to find that info.

Wireless Setup - Start Here
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.