Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I had my laptop with mandriva 2010 and windows xp, booting on linux and selecting windows from linux bootloader, but now, yes, by accident I delete mandriva linux partition ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] by accident I delete linux partition today

Hi,

I had my laptop with mandriva 2010 and windows xp, booting on linux and selecting windows from linux bootloader, but now, yes, by accident I delete mandriva linux partition when I was using windows and now I can't even access windows, when I try to boot go straight to error 17.

Now, I want install opensuse 11.2 how can I install without delete windows and keep windows boot option again

I need to select the empty partition and select LVM?

thank you for your help

I've never used it myself, but you may get some love with TestDisk.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    During the installation just make sure you select the empty partition. You don't have to use LVM.
    The opensuse installer should detect windows and set up a boot option for you.
    If it doesn't, it's pretty easy to add it manually.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    lol... oops
    I mis-read the OP's question!
    I thought you were trying to recover your Linux partition... my mistake there.
    In that case, do as trutheality said.
    Just install openSuse over top of Mandriva, being careful not to install over top of the Windows partition.
    openSuse installer will see Windows and ask you what you want to do.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

To make things easier, boot up from LiveCD of PartedMagic or GParted and create partitions before starting installation.
    Start installation and select manual partitions. Assign mount_points to Linux partitions and continue installation.

Linux installer will setup dual boot but if you want to fix Windows OS before Linux installation, boot up from Windows Installation CD, select repair and execute 'fixmbr' command at repair prompt.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thank you, everything went good, BUT how can install the wireless driver that is not working

Check this sticky. Start a new thread in Wireless Forum and post necessary info that has been asked in sticky.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First