Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
I think your probably right ,but I really don't want to risk losing my ability to edit and print my art work using Win98 .I know it sucks BUT it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I think your probably right ,but I really don't want to risk losing my ability to edit and print my art work using Win98 .I know it sucks BUT it works and I make prints that sell.

I am interested in migrating from these awful (but utile) microsoft products but I,m
    seriously wondering whether its worth it.

Every time I try a different Distro something happens that screws everything up and the potential fades away in dissollusion.

I may just put a spare hard drive on and do a clean install of SuSE to investigate whether it can get to where I am now with win98, which is the end game, if not, its just an interesting excercise.

Thanks for trying to help me.

WILT

Well it is up to you. You could back the whole partition and save all. I know installing Win98 again is a chancy thing even if you have all the disks. You have to reinstall apps that may no longer be available etc. But consider Computers do not last forever at some point you will need new hardware and chances are high that there will be no Win98 drivers to be found. So even taking a partition image to a new machine may very well be impossible.

Linux User
    Adding to gogalthorp's post:
    New motherboads/computers and their added ram are not supported in win98, so it's probably best to think about upgrading and migrating to a newer win version.
    Depending on your graphics software, the gimp will do as good a job as photoshop. so perhaps you need to look at porting your artwork to another format first and then looking at the new operating system.

Linux Newbie
    Never thought of making an Image of your win98 partition with Ghost?
    You could always port it to another place.
    I think I have somewhere a win98 HD with the intention to look at it at some time.
    But haven't had the time to do it.

But probably your win98 partition is still intact, and you will be able to boot from it.
    You just have to boot from say parted magic (or use windows partition magic).
    And you can see if it's there.
    But be cautious of what you do.
    All could be restored to your win98 boot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4