Find the answer to your Linux question:
i searched the forums, but i didn't find anything that could help me to solve my problem entirely.I am running suse 11.2 on vmware workstation and it is doing fine.only ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help, please...(internet)

i searched the forums, but i didn't find anything that could help me to solve my problem entirely.I am running suse 11.2 on vmware workstation and it is doing fine.only problem is the internet.i have adsl connection that i'm using on the windows (d-link dsl-360r). in windows i just create broadband connection, username and pass and thats it. How to do that, here, in linux? i ran the command sbin/lspci and my ethernet...:
    ethernet controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE] (rev 10)
    {in windows is intel 82562gt 10/100}.

also suse recognized "all other hardware". in vmware i used "bridged" connec..
    have in the mind , that am only a beginner, and "step by step" explanation is greatly appreciated...
    thank you...
    p.s.:as soon as i test connection, i will install suse(in the virtual machine), i have hp compaq 6820s laptop this .jpg 'is' the lspci command.

lspci.jpg

Linux Newbie
    You must setup your network card and DSL connection properly in Yast.

Set as gateway the IP-address of your modem.
    This is mostly 192.168.1.1.

Not sure how to set it up in a VM, but do you get anything when you run:
    Code:
    ifconfig -a
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    With the VM you set it up as Briging Networking and basicly what it does is that it uses the Windows NIC card. So you have to configure on the Suse Linux the resolv.conf file (DNS) and the proper defautl gateway and you are set to go.

Basicly "ifconfig -a" to see if you have any NIC in the VMWare setup.