Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all... I have suse Linux server 10 with SP3. Using it from last 3 months. Now its not at all booting. During booting it shows 2 option, 1 option ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Suse Linux 10 SP3, not booting

Hello all...

I have suse Linux server 10 with SP3. Using it from last 3 months. Now its not at all booting. During booting it shows 2 option, 1 option for normal boot(which i always use to select) , another is safe settings boot(hope i am not wrong with the name).

After selecting for normal boot, list boot sequence scrolls and entire screen will become blank, i could not able to see any text. How ever i can connect to server using ssh(using putty). Only GUI is not booting. Some time it boots if i keep on pressing mouse button or esc key, but only icons are coming. No fonts are loading.

Pls help me, how to recover my server to previous state??

Background: I was trying to install pgadmin3 on this server, it was having lot of dependencies like GTK, Glib installations. I guess something i messed it while installing.

How to bring back to original state, any factory resetting i can do, without losing my data on the disk.. plsssssssssss help..

regards

Are you using a propitiatory video driver? If you had a new kernel install you must reinstall the driver.

Boot to command line by pressing 3 at boot scteen then enter to take the default boot option.

type init 5

report any errors.