Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I am trying to install pgadmin3 in my suse linux enterprise server 10 with SP3. I am trying to install pgadmin3-1.10.2 version. Initially it was not finding c++ ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Could not find your wxWidgets installation

Hi All,

I am trying to install pgadmin3 in my suse linux enterprise server 10 with SP3.
    I am trying to install pgadmin3-1.10.2 version.
    Initially it was not finding c++ compiler. I installed it through yast tool.
    Now it is progressing but i am getting a error when i try to configure using ./configure command, the error says
    configure: error: Could not find your wxWidgets installation. You might need to use the --with-wx=DIR configure option

I have searched for the word 'widget', and i installedalll the packages, but still i could not able to configure. Also after i seeing the script, it says wx-config should be in usr/bin, but i could not able to find wx-config.
    Pls help in installing wx-widget. Last time when i try to install wx-wdget, i messed up my whole system, and i had to re install OS. Because i faced lot of graphical related problems.

If this is not the right way, pls suggest how i can install pgadmin3 on sles 10 sp3.

Regards
    Mano

I believe the package is called wxGTK.

wxWidgets

Just Joined!
    i did not find any package name called wxGTK or wxWidget in my yast tool. Do i need to download and install.. If i try to do that as i mentioned earlier, it asks some of supporting software to install .. like glib2.0 atk 1.13, pango 1.20, cairo 1.6 etc etc.. fed up with this. pls advice

wxGTK and wxGTK-devel are available with the SUSE 10 sp3 Software Developers Kit.