Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, I am rebuilding / updating my internal server. It is strange to me that 11.0 will not install on this ASUS M3A78 MB but 11.2 will go through. that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

setting up ntpd on 11.2 and using from 11.0 plus

hello,

I am rebuilding / updating my internal server. It is strange to me that 11.0 will not install on this ASUS M3A78 MB but 11.2 will go through.

that aside,

I am setting up the ntp server and run into new things, ntpdate is not used anymore so you have this long string : sntp -P no -r pool.ntp.org which does the same thing or a couple of other calls that may work. It seems that pool.ntp.org will not work however so I switched to another time server.

pool.ntp.org does work on 11.0 however, it still uses ntpdate atm.

I can use ntpdate to my server from other clients and get the time but I can't use Yast to set it up, it hangs ( or maybe it will eventually time out ) when you test the server in the gui tool.

rcntp ntptimeset comes back with no server reached on the ntp server machine so I am not confident that it will auto update itself, which I think is an issue, the server will not respond to client queries after a day or two.

where should I start? I am not sure I understand the problem really.

kumado

Got Internet setup??Check the Firewall to see if the service is allowed access to external sources.