Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have 4 HP Proliant Servers + one HP StorageWorks 2312SA (SAS). Servers are connected to MSA through Dual path - HBA card. Multipathing enabled. There is a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb SLES10 SP2 - Storage Issue

Hi all,
    I have 4 HP Proliant Servers + one HP StorageWorks 2312SA (SAS). Servers are connected to MSA through Dual path - HBA card. Multipathing enabled.
    There is a one drive of 500GB is shared on all four servers. I have write some data of around 200GB on it. Now the data is not showing on any of the server.
    we mount this drive to each server with the name of /backup through LVM under the volume group "vg02"

" df -h " command displays used space is 207GB (on each server).
    " ls -l " command displays "total 20"(on each server).
    but " ls " command shows that there is only one folder of "lost+found"(on each server).

Now first it was showing the data on only one server, but when the server is restarted, it vanished.

It worked fine for around one week that we copy the data from one server and it displays on all, but now its not.

I have restarted the MSA but it didn't work.

A quick help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Just Joined!
    ????????????

Your problem is with SLES which is the commercial Novell version. Also your setup is, let us say, esoteric. Most people here are dealing with simple desktop models. I suggest you try a Novell board. or if you have a current support contract Novell help.

BTW you did not say how you wrote all that data that is not there.