Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Is the new SUSE 9.2 Pro on an ftp server where i can download it? I tried ftp.suse.com , but i could only find earlier versions. And i really dont ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SUSE 9.2 Pro Download

Is the new SUSE 9.2 Pro on an ftp server where i can download it? I tried ftp.suse.com, but i could only find earlier versions. And i really dont want to spend $90.

The new versions of SuSE hit the FTP sites about a month after their street release, which means around early to mid December you'll find 9.2 on there.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    ok thanks, but are you sure they will put pro on there, and not personal? I want all the software that comes with pro, and I dont want to compile the source code

Just Joined!
    From what I can tell there will be no 9.2 Personal. Looks like Suse learned their lesson. You can buy 9.2 Pro update from amazon for around $50. The only thing missing is the 300 page User Manual. However, the manuals are on their web site in pdf format and can be downloaded.

I would not expect all the 9.2 Pro software to be available for an ftp download (and no I do not know what will or will not be available). We are also finding that in 9.2 Pro there is software on the DVD which is not on the 5 CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by jwac1
    I would not expect all the 9.2 Pro software to be available for an ftp download (and no I do not know what will or will not be available).
    If SuSE follows the same patterns as in the past, all of the GPL software from 9.2 Pro will be on the FTP site. This basically means the entire distro since the only non-GPL things are the Flash player, Java VMs and a few commercial applications.

We are also finding that in 9.2 Pro there is software on the DVD which is not on the 5 CDs.
    Which is really only an issue if you don't have a DVD ROM drive, since the retail version of SuSE comes with both the DVDs and the CDROMs.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    So will the dvd version be available to download fom the ftp or do they just put the cd's on?

Quote Originally Posted by dark_lord_kodd
    So will the dvd version be available to download fom the ftp or do they just put the cd's on?
    SuSE doesn't offer ISO files for download via the FTP, just the individual RPM files. So to answer your question: neither.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

What are you smoking?

SuSE doesn't offer ISO files for download via the FTP, just the individual RPM files. So to answer your question: neither.
    Please pass the joint man...
    Thats bass, ackwards, actually SuSE does offer the .iso for download from FTP. It's the RPMs that are a pain in the ass to find.
    Right now you can download the DVD .iso of 9.2 Pro from the SuSE ftp server. Since I don't have a DVD burner, this sucks for me, since the 5 CD .iso's for Pro do not appear to be available for download. Hopefully they will recitfy this situation, however I seriously doubt that they will.

Just Joined!

SuSE 9.2 Download

There is always BitTorrent

Just Joined!
    yes there is bittorrent
    and yes there are images on it
    bummer is that the md5sum from those images is different from the md5sum that i got from the official cd-s

just think about it

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast