Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey guys ok so basically , with ubuntu i followed this guide and after following the guide, the game ran just fine, installed and went well, but without it, its ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gaming Related Help

hey guys

ok so basically , with ubuntu i followed this guide

and after following the guide, the game ran just fine, installed and went well, but without it, its impossable

League of legends requires wine to be compiled from source with a special bug patch which is menchoned in this guide

Now what im wondering, is how do i do this exact guide, and apply this patch and compile wine from source in opensuse 11.4, basically i need a step by step guide since suse uses a different setup to ubuntu and commands are different

### Enter the Terminal
    ### Go to Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal

## Compile Wine from Source

# Use aptitude to install wine dependencies used to compile the Ubuntu Binaries
    sudo apt-get build-dep wine1.2

# Change to Documents Directory to avoid permissions issues
    cd Documents

# Create wine Directory
    sudo mkdir wine

# Download Latest Wine source with wget
    wget latest wine source - i cant post links

# Extract source code with tar options xfvj
    wine-1.3.14.tar.bz2 tar xfvj

# Enter the new Directory
    cd wine-1.3.14

# Download a patch file needed to install API's not normally used in a wine build
    # This API is used to allow the LoL installer to run
    wget wine bug patch link #25672 -O ./ole-force-inproc-instead-of-local.patch - cant post links yet

# Install the patch file
    patch -p1 < ole-force-inproc-instead-of-local.patch

# Run Configuration to determine if you have all necessary dependencies
    ./configure

# On my install OpenCL dev files and gstreamer files were missing. You shouldn't need OpenCL as it's
    # not open source yet but you can install the gstreamer stuff.
    sudo aptitude install libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev
    sudo aptitude install libgstreamer0.10-dev

# Re-Run configuration after you have everything you need
    ./configure

## If configure checks out go ahead and build the program

# Figure out how many processor cores your computer has
    grep -c ^processor /proc/cpuinfo

# Set the compiler to use the correct number of cores
    # IE CONCURRENCY_LEVEL= However many cores you have
    # I'm compiling on a dual core so...

export CONCURRENCY_LEVEL=2

# And finally compile the install file:
    make depend && make

# Once this is finished, you can go ahead and install the newly created binary
    sudo make install

## Install some other needed stuff

## Now that you have wine installed a few other things will be needed
    ## Mainly Internet Explorer, Visual C++, DirectX9 (things you would have to install on a windows
    ## computer for the game to work) and Adobe Air.

# Install winetricks
    # This is basically just a package/script that makes installing all the windows stuff really easy
    sudo aptitude install winetricks

# You will be asked to agree to the license agreement for some microsoft fonts
    # Go ahead and agree

# Then use winetricks to install the above mentioned programs
    # Accept the license agreements, and go with all the default settings when asked
    winetricks d3dx9 vcrun2005 ie6 adobeair

### Download and Install League of Legends

1. Head to leagueoflegends.com, Download the installer someplace and double click on the icon
    it should automatically run via Wine.

2. After it's finished downloading all the files, accept the license agreements and choose full install

3. When the installation completes uncheck the box to start the game and hit finish (we don't want the
    game to run yet)

4. Now open the wine configuration program. Applications -> Wine -> Configure Wine

5. Under the applications tab, change the Windows version to Windows 2000

6. Now go to the libraries tab, add a new override for the mmdevapi library.

7. Select the new override, hit edit, and then set the load order to disable.

8. Hit ok and the game should be ready to run.

# The first time league of legends is run, it will update itself. Once it finishes downloading and
    installing the updates you have to click on the invisible (don't know how to fix that one) ok button
    on the bottom right corner of the update window. It will bring up one final license agreement and
    the game should be fully playable.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by nankura View Post
    and after following the guide, the game ran just fine, installed and went well, but without it, its impossable
    So, if you don't follow the steps in the guide, it is impossible to install? Is that what you mean?
    League of legends requires wine to be compiled from source with a special bug patch which is menchoned in this guide
    You mean "mentioned"
    Now what im wondering, is how do i do this exact guide, and apply this patch and compile wine from source in opensuse 11.4, basically i need a step by step guide since suse uses a different setup to ubuntu and commands are different
    I noticed in this guide that you use commands like "configure" and "make depends". These commands are defined by the GNU build system called "Autotools". Also, the guide uses commands like "patch". Fortunately for you, "configure", "make", and "patch" commands all work the same on OpenSUSE and Ubuntu. Just make sure you have Autotools installed in your OpenSUSE environment, and this guide will work the same on OpenSUSE as well.

However... the commands "sudo apt-get install" and "sudo aptitude install" will NOT work under OpenSUSE, you must use "yum -i" instead. So take these lines from the guide:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep wine1.2
    sudo aptitude install libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev
    sudo aptitude install libgstreamer0.10-dev
    sudo aptitude install winetricks
    ...these lines needs to be replaced with the following:
    Code:
    sudo yum-builddep wine1.2
    sudo yum -i libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev
    sudo yum -i libgstreamer0.10-dev
    sudo yum -i winetricks
    And there is one more problem: notice these commands have package name parameters, for example "wine1.2", "libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev", "libgstreamer0.10-dev", and "winetricks" -- these are the names of the ".deb" packages that are downloaded from Ubuntu.com, but these same files do not exist at OpenSUSE.org. OpenSUSE does not use ".deb" files, they use ".rpm" files. So you will need to search the OpenSUSE package repository for a similar ".rpm" file that can be used as a substitute for each ".deb" package that was mentioned in the guide. You may need to ask the "League of Legends" forum for which ".rpm" files could be used to in place of the ".deb" packages listed in the install guide.

Or (if you are lucky) perhaps some other Linux user here at Linux Forums can tell you which ".rpm" packages to use to replace the ".deb" packages I listed above? I don't use OpenSUSE, so I don't know which you should use.

YUM is a Red Hat thing it is not normally used in OpenSUSE.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close