Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I am performing my first installation of Linux. I'm using SLES 10 because that is the newest version listed for compatibility with my RAID cards. I don't mind to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Failed Dependencies

Hello! I am performing my first installation of Linux. I'm using SLES 10 because that is the newest version listed for compatibility with my RAID cards. I don't mind to use an earlier version as my only intention for this system is a RAID server. I installed the operating system with almost all software options chosen except for the oracle server, web and mail servers, and a couple other things I knew that I would not need. The second DVD was not used at any time during the installation procedure.

The errors look like it's missing C++ dependencies. I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I'm entirely new to Linux. This is what happens:

error: Failed Dependencies
    libstdc++.so.5 is needed by bcraid-3.3.1-2008080.2.i386
    libstdc++.so.5(CXXABI_1.2) is needed by bcraid-3.3.1-2008080.2.i386
    ilbstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2) is needed by bcraid-3.3.1-2008080.2.i386

Any help would be appreciated. This server has been a two year project and I'll be so happy to finally see it completed. Thank you very much!

-Ryan

Install c libraries via Yast. SLES is the commercial version most here use the OpenSUSE version.