Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I'm developing a device driver for my computer. Linux seems to think that the device is a HID, when actually its a special chip that's connected the the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

umount/remove HID from mounting

Hi all.

I'm developing a device driver for my computer. Linux seems to think that the device is a HID, when actually its a special chip that's connected the the USB bus on my computer.

Because my driver won't probe the device, as its already been registered as an (HID - usbhid) is there a way I can force linux not to touch/mount this device.

Here's the device.
    Code:
    [61673] generic-usb 0003:1770:FF00.000A: hiddev0,hidraw3: USB HID v1.10 Device [YAMMA USB YAMMA USB] on usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.3/input0
    Thanks.
    Last edited by phil128; 04-30-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Possibly

Code:
    lsmod | grep usb
    to try and work out which module it is loading, then blacklist the "offending" module

Code:
    sudo echo "blacklist badmodule" >> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf

Just Joined!
    Its was.

I couldn't remove the HID module, as doing so would disable my keyboard due to thats using HID.

What I had to do is to write "0000:00:1a.0-1.3" (summat like that) to the HID module "unbind file". But then when I reinserted the device I had to do keep on doing this again.