Find the answer to your Linux question:
I found some discussions regarding Open SUSE Calender during my search for this issue. Unfortunately, I must confess, I am not able to understand the how of getting the calender. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Calender Feature is missing

I found some discussions regarding Open SUSE Calender during my search for this issue. Unfortunately, I must confess, I am not able to understand the how of getting the calender. I guess there is a need for me to download the KDE into my computer. Is that right. Appreciate help and enlightenment. TQ

You are a funny guy
    may be you first tell us what OS (linux dist) you have, since it appears you have NO KDE desktop ...
    are you running windows ? or linux and if linux what desktop environment you use if NOT KDE?

do you want to CREATE a calender
    then gwenview has a plugin to create calendars with pictures - see
    Free printable calendars 2011 roses, flowers, nature

or display a calendar on your desktop or online with events, etc ?

if you have openSuSE
    in YAST, use search feature for
    calendar

and there you see what different types of calendars we have.

Just Joined!
    as hans mentioned... your post is very ambiguous. The simplest calender app is "cal" from the command line. You can get that by installing the util-linux packages...

depending on your OS.
    zypper install util-linux
    rpm -i util-linux
    sudo apt-get install util-linux

Just Joined!
    Hi again,
    I am using Open SuSE 11.4 on a HP mini 2131. Sorry for the scanty info that led you to misunderstand my problem! But my concern with the calender is to locate the calender so I can schedule and track my events and activities, without having to get into my Yahoo calender...there are times when i cannot get into a WiFi coverage area and I must confess I do not subscribe to the mobile internet service .. and therefore the need for an event calender.

I will check your suggestion wrt the search in YAST too.

Thanks

You're looking for a KDE app called Kontact. It will be in your kickoff launcher.
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Just Joined!
    OK guys, I learnt something via your replies. Yes I found the feature for CALENDER that I was looking for when i checked YAST. Thanks. Problem/issue considered solved and many thanks to all out there.