Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Some jobs work fine (like a document from open office) but if I try to print a web page it just gets stuck in CUPS pending. Any ideas how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Some Print Jobs Get Stuck in Pending

Hi
    Some jobs work fine (like a document from open office) but if I try to print a web page it just gets stuck in CUPS pending.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by jssuse View Post
    Hi
    Some jobs work fine (like a document from open office) but if I try to print a web page it just gets stuck in CUPS pending.

Any ideas how to solve this?
    You could try running cups in debug mode. As root, edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf replacing "LogLevel warn" with "LogLevel debug". Then repeat the operation and look in /var/log/cups/error_log to see if it says anything informative.
    Remember to restore the old cupsd.conf afterwards!
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Just Joined!
    Hazel
    Same problem, I can print from Open Office but not web pages. Below is the job that is stuck in processing and further below is the error file - do you have a minute to take a look and let me know your thoughts?

Jeff 572k Unknown processing since
    Tue 23 Aug 2011 10:29:32 PM KST

I cannot send you the error file because I get this response from the Forum administrator
    You are only allowed to post URLs (http, ftp, @) to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.

Any idea what kind of error I should be looking for?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by jssuse View Post
    Hazel
    Same problem, I can print from Open Office but not web pages. Below is the job that is stuck in processing and further below is the error file - do you have a minute to take a look and let me know your thoughts?

Jeff 572k Unknown processing since
    Tue 23 Aug 2011 10:29:32 PM KST

I cannot send you the error file because I get this response from the Forum administrator
    You are only allowed to post URLs (http, ftp, @) to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.

Any idea what kind of error I should be looking for?
    No, sorry. I'm not an expert on printing. But you should google any error messages that you find. If that doesn't help, I'm sure there are people here who can take you further.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com