Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have been searching the web for something that will address the above topic. To date no success. Is there any one who has found out how to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to make my Open SuSe communicate with my NOKIA 2700 classic

Hi all,

I have been searching the web for something that will address the above topic. To date no success. Is there any one who has found out how to do that?

Trusted Penguin
    According to this spec sheet, that phone has USB and bluetooth.

Maybe gammu/wammu is what you want. There is supposedly support for your phone, listed here.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply. I was able to install Gammu/Wammu (G/W). However, I am not able to use the G/W program to make my 2 devices 'talk' to each other via the USB cable. I got an error message telling "some hardware not connected/ wrongly configured" followed by "Function: Init" and "Error Code:8". I tried a few clicks here and there on the G/W window, that led me to a guided set up process, which finally asked for my phone device, prompted in a space. There was an instruction "please enter device where phone is accessible. I guess it wants to know the phone model. But when I gave the model number, I got a message telling it not the right device!!
    Appreciate your enlightenment me on this issue! and Thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close