Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
i had the same problem and i was using virtualbox to access KALI linux and my firewall software (ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS & FIREWALL v6) was blocking the network over the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

i had the same problem and i was using virtualbox to access KALI linux and my firewall software (ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS & FIREWALL v6) was blocking the network over the bridged network,after disabling firewall everything worked,
    so to unblock it to let firewall enabled:
    1. Open ESET
    2. Go to Advanced Setup > Network > Personal Firewall > IDS and advanced options
    3. Expand Allowed services and check "Allow communications for bridged connections"
    Done , enjoy networking

Note: Possibly any kind of firewall software could block it!

Just Joined!

I hava a similar trouble

On my office I have a lot computers running windows, but there is a pc with linux.
    Here we work with a windows iis test server. In Windows pc's can browse the local test site with a special DNS address set up, but the linux pc can't find that host using the same configuration.

nslookup found the host but firefox can't browse it

Hi there, MGVC.
    Seeing as this thread is almost 3 years old, I'm locking it down.
    But please feel free to start a new thread about your issue. Post all relevant info, and I'm sure that someone will chime in with some good advice.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2