Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone. I was looking forward to trying Opensuse today. I Downloaded the KDE live cd version. But while running it was a bit slow and some features of kde ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OPENsuse KDE live CD slower then chakra linux KDE

Hello everyone.
    I was looking forward to trying Opensuse today. I Downloaded the KDE live cd version. But while running it was a bit slow and some features of kde were turned off.

Then i tried the Chakra linux version with the latest kde and it ran pretty fast without any problem (BOTH os from live CD).

As chakra has less support for newbies so i was thinking to sorting it out with opensuse.
    Please can any one help me understanding this or solving this .
    Thanks!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

You won't be able to tell much about system speeds of any distro when running them from a liveCD, but I would expect OpenSUSE to perhaps run a little slower than Chakra even when they are installed to a hard disk, because I believe that Chakra is generally a lighter weight distribution. Of course, there are other factors that can come into play when running them from a liveCD, or a hard disk.

In the end, you'll have to install them to your hard disk to give either distro a fair test. You can see what they look like and how they get along with your computer hardware from a liveCD, though.
    oz