Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, Im hoping someone can help me urgently. My linux knowledge is rather limited so bear with me! I have a requirement to develop a web based firewall interface ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OpenSuse 11.4, Shorewall and SuseFirewall

Hey guys,

Im hoping someone can help me urgently. My linux knowledge is rather limited so bear with me!

I have a requirement to develop a web based firewall interface for Shorewall - the front end for this was given to me and is already complete.

The problem I am now facing is that I cannot install Shorewall on openSuse 11.4 as SuSEfirewall2 is causing a conflict when i try rpm shorewall6-4.4.25.2-20.1.noarch.rpm.

"error: Failed dependencies:
    SuSEfirewall2 conflicts with shorewall6-4.4.25.2-20.1.noarch
    "

How do I get around this so that I can install Shorewall and not use Susefirewall?

I realise this is probably something simple but as I said above Im no Linux guru.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Trusted Penguin
    Can't you just remove the Suse firewall? Use Yast (graphical front-end package manager), or rpm from the command line (e.g. rpm -e SuSEfirewall2)

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help. In the end I disabled suse firewall in yast and installed shorewall with rpm --nodeps and that seemed to do the trick.
    But i will try rpm -e SuSEfirewall2 as that seems to be the better route.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close