Find the answer to your Linux question:
Folks: I just started using OpenSUSE12.1 after giving up on Debian 6.x (cough-Noveau bullcrap-choke) OpenSuse solved a major headache with my 2nd drive, the speed of R/W is nearly 4x ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New FSTAB settings. Does anyone know of a good tutoral?

Folks: I just started using OpenSUSE12.1 after giving up on Debian 6.x (cough-Noveau bullcrap-choke)

OpenSuse solved a major headache with my 2nd drive, the speed of R/W is nearly 4x what it was in Debian 6, and I think I found out why

FSTAB is quite different, and wondering if anyone can show me how to edit this manually now?

This web site - How to edit and understand /etc/fstab - is the bible of FSTAB editing, but it isn't updated with new FSTAB settings. (See below)

Code:
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST340014AS_5JXG0VBL-part1 /                    ext3       acl,user_xattr        1 1
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST3160316AS_Z2A2ZLPQ-part1 swap                 swap       defaults              0 0
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST3160316AS_Z2A2ZLPQ-part5 /home                ext4       acl,user_xattr        1 2
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST3160316AS_Z2A2ZLPQ-part6 /storage             ext4    acl,user_xattr        1 2
    proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
    sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
    debugfs              /sys/kernel/debug    debugfs    noauto                0 0
    devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0

#/dev/sdc6	/storage	auto	auto,user,noexec,rw,sync	0	0
    Note the /storage drive. The original computer generated code is above, and a test I made myself is on the very last line, marked by a #.

I hear there is more commands I can do, to boost the speed even more, but I'm afraid to touch that, until I know more about what I'm doing (I Have a rep as a system breaker .

Generally the Ubuntu Wiki has fairly good pages (Ubuntu - Fstab), but for what you're looking to do I'd look at the ArchWiki fstab page. There's a few speed options described there (atime, tmpfs). Hope it helps!