Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Alpha90 How can i set my system to require me to authorize each step of the boot process because i can not read and comprehend the error ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha90 View Post
    How can i set my system to require me to authorize each step of the boot process because i can not read and comprehend the error message fast enough except for the big red lettered failed because my system boots too fast
    You don't need to do that, just have a look around at your log files. Usually they are at /var/log/messages and as usual you need to use su - or sudi
    Code:
    cat /var/log/messages
    Use the below code if it scrolls off the screen.
    Code:
    cat /var/log/messages |more
    Also try the dmesg command when something fails, it's useful to print the log to a file and open that in your favorite editor if you want, use the second code here.
    Code:
    dmesg
    dmesg >dmesg.txt
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha90 View Post
    Well i tried that code and

I received this :
    Code:
    network.service - LSB: Configure the localfs depending network interfaces
              Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/network)
              Active: active (running) since Sat, 05 May 2012 16:36:05 -0500; 1h 10min ago
             Process: 1252 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/network start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
              CGroup: name=systemd:/system/network.service
                      ├ 2142 /sbin/dhclient6 -6 -cf /var/lib/dhcp6/dhclient6.eth0.conf -lf /var/lib/dhcp6/dhclient6.eth0.lease -pf /v...
                      └ 2906 /sbin/dhcpcd --netconfig -L -E -HHH -c /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/dhcpcd-hook -t 0 -h linux-ew9u eth...
    However i used
    Code:
    systemctl status  NetworkManager.service
    and i recieved this
    Code:
    NetworkManager.service - Network Manager
              Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service; enabled)
              Active: failed since Sat, 05 May 2012 16:35:46 -0500; 1h 12min ago
             Process: 1585 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/test x${NETWORKMANAGER} = xyes (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
              CGroup: name=systemd:/system/NetworkManager.service
    I would guess it's a bug that should be reported if not already. You say everything networking works? If you don't issue that command, everything is golden right? It looks like the second part is a test?? the Bolded part.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Newbie
    When I boot i receive theses errors

Code:
    u devd[284]:Failed to execute '/etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-sysctl' '/etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-sysctl -o hotplug': No Such File or Directory
    Then i receive
    Code:
    Failed to start network manager [FAILED]
    See 'systemctl status NetworkManager.service' for details
    Dependency Failed. Aborted start of Network Manager Wait On [ABORT]
    However when i check my /var/logs/messages however doesnt show an error

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2