Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I am using Linux Suse 10 and I am a complete noob when it comes to using it that's why I really needed some help. The scenario is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Use PSFTP on Linux

Hi all,

I am using Linux Suse 10 and I am a complete noob when it comes to using it that's why I really needed some help.

The scenario is simple. I need to transfer some files from my linux server to a windows pc.

I already did this using FTP commands written inside a .scr file (unfortunately I couldn't post the ftp script here).

And then I would call it from linux Konsole using :
    bash Upload.scr

It was actually working and could successfully transfer files to my windows pc. However, what I need is to transfer the files using "psftp".

I needed to use psftp instead of just ftp or sftp.

Whenever I tried to type "psftp" on linux Konsole it would display the ff :
    bash: psftp: command not found

I know there's something missing. What should I do first to make it work? Should I install some application or .exe file into my linux server?

I really need help.
    Thank you very much in advance!

Trusted Penguin
    by psftp, do you mean PuTTy SFTP, described here? if so, i would think you could use sftp, which is part of the OpenSSH package (which surely is already installed on your SUSE system).

if you really want psftp, and it is not available in your official SUSE repos (i didn't see it), you could build it from source. get the source here.

sftp is meant to be used interactively, though. if scripting file copying, scp would be better. i guess the real question is: why must you use psftp?

Linux Newbie
    kazeopeia,

Get rid of SuSE 10 asap, it is way too old for use now. A good, stable release is currently 11.4. There is a newer 12.1 also.

Cheers - VP

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close