Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I am in the process of sorting some technical issues with my HP mini before upgrading to 12.2. Meantime I have NOT been able to do the software ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Open SUSE 11.4

Hi all,
    I am in the process of sorting some technical issues with my HP mini before upgrading to 12.2.
    Meantime I have NOT been able to do the software update, a few times when I was on-line, and the software star prompt appeared. I got the message below:

“Problem connecting to a software source
    There was a (possibly temporary) problem connecting to a software source.
    Please chech the detailed error for further details”

The details are as follows:

Download (curl) error for 'http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.4/repodata/repomd.xml':
    Error code: Connection failed
    Error message: Couldn't resolve host 'download.opensuse.org'

I just could not get the update done! The update dialog box simply hanged there.

I came to understand via this forum, that 11.4 will be supported until september 2012.

file:///home/mhismail/Desktop/Dependencies.png

Do you check the software repositories? Open yast, software, and software repositories. If you need to added again use the community serves and choose the server according to your version or an update server.

Just Joined!
    Thanks Arodlinux, FYI I have upgraded to 12.1 and whenever there is un update notification I have not much problem doing the updating.
    Pls excuse me due to my green hand (and green understanding too ) about linux. I will find a bit of time to "learn" what the words like 'repositories". I must admit your last sentence gives me a lot of difficulties to comprehend - particularly becoz its too technical when you refer to the types of 'servers'. Appreciate if you can guide me to the relevant sites where I can familiarize myself with that issue.

Thanks