Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
opensuse what do you use to do a disc for a fresh install and set up the lmv and also set it to wipe windows from my old machine ??? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

!opensuse! what do you use to do a disc for a fresh install and set

opensuse what do you use to do a disc for a fresh install and set up the lmv and also set it to wipe windows from my old machine ???
    im creating onoe just for me and it dont seem to want to install it on i have tried the preloaded (i do know live cd dont install it just runs it over it ) which option do i chose you have
    usb stik
    preloaded
    live cd (i know aint the one)
    virtual one (i know they aint the one)
    xen guest
    please answer as soon as and if you can do it

Linux Guru
    It's not at all clear from your post what you are trying to accomplish. Do you want to install Opensuse and overwrite windows? Where are you seeing the options you listed above?

Just Joined!
    its in suse studio where you create your own operating system have you used suse studioe and its to wipe the harddrive and install it on there it has windows on it atm

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I believe it is referred to as creating an "appliance" and once you go through the process, you should have an iso file which you can run on the site to test it and/or download it to your computer, burn it as an image to a CD/DVD, put it in your CD/DVD drive and re-boot with the CD/DVD in the drive. Not sure where you are having your problem? Did you download it? Did you burn it to a CD?

Just Joined!
    yeah i did that but it didnt format the drive it just tride to install it

Linux Guru
    After you select your time zone, you should have a Suggested Partitioning screen where you can either create or edit the partition setup. You should be able to select any partition to highlight it and then right-click it to edit, resize or delete it. If you select Edit, you should then get an option to format.

Just Joined!
    yes but whnen i use the pre loaded cd it dont come up with that

Linux Guru
    I really have no idea what the problem is? I've used Suse Studio and gone through the process of creating an appliance and doing the build. Once that process completes, you will see on the screen an option to test the iso file of Opensuse you have created or download it. If you download it, you can boot it in a Virtual Machine on your computer if you have that software installed or you can burn it to a CD/Dvd and reboot your computer with the CD/DVD in the drive.

I have no idea what you are referring to when you say "pre loaded cd"??

Just Joined!
    when was the last time you used suse studio must of bee a while ago
    ther eare everal options in the build you have live cd (wich dose not install butstays on the cd)
    preloaded iso (not to sure what that is but i think thats for the install)
    vitual box and othe virtaul (for a virtual system)
    usb /hard disk image
    and xen guest (not sure what that is )
    i want it to fresh install on my pc (well test pc) wich has windows on it when i try after downloading the preloaded iso it keeps coming up wityh an error every time

Linux Guru
    I used it in March. What you refer to in your last post are the options during the Build process. If you have put together what you want in the earlier steps and want to create an iso which you can then download and burn to a CD, the option you want is: Preload ISO(.iso). Once you click on Build, the process will begin and when it is finished, you will be notified and you will see the iso file below and you will be given an option to either download the iso file or test it on the Suse site. If you download, when you burn it to a CD you need to make sure you burn it as an image and not a data file or it won't work. If you're not familiar with burning iso images, you might google it to get some info. If you successfully burn the iso file as an image you would then reboot your computer with the CD in the drive and the CD drive set to first boot priority.

You never posted what the error is that it comes up with every time!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast