Find the answer to your Linux question:
I insert a DVD that contains a single .txt file into my Linux machine and then right-click on the Disk icon on the desktop, choose "Open in Terminal" and it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

File on DVD

I insert a DVD that contains a single .txt file into my Linux machine and then right-click on the Disk icon on the desktop, choose "Open in Terminal" and it opens under "media/200003-001 Rev1 >" Then I ls and I see my .txt file. Great, but when I open a seperate terminal window and "cd /media/200003-001 Rev1" I get the "no such file or directory found" error. Why, that's exactly the way it appears in the first terminal window?

Thanks

Linux Guru
    I'm not sure I'm clear about your situation. Do you have a text file inside: /media/200003-001 Rev1? The 200003-001 Rev1 being the DVD? If so, you need double quotes (") around the cd command as there is a space in the name.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply Yancek. I figured out that the space in the file name had to be escaped "/media/200003-001\ Rev1" or changed to "/media/200003-001_Rev1". I chose the underscore version, renamed the file as such, and problem solved...

MRI_Guy