Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been having trouble installing VirtualBox. I have been using the software manager, but I am not selecting the right options. I got it to install but when I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Install VirtualBox

I have been having trouble installing VirtualBox. I have been using the software manager, but I am not selecting the right options. I got it to install but when I tried to install a guest OS it said that the kernal was missing. Can anyone tell me what options need to be selected for a standard Vbox not the simple GUI. I am using open suse 12.1 with kde GUI.

Or point me to some good documentation. I can't find any that specifically show what to install with the software manager.

thanks David

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    On the VirtualBox (Oracle) download page, they only provide Suse 10 or 11 installers. How are you trying to install it?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I was using the software installation app that uses the repositories. I ended up getting the right option. thanks for your reply.