Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys Please let me know this kindly: I want to install opensuse , when i go to their website i see few options: 1. Download with DVD and supported ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Opensuse download help from its website.

Hi guys

Please let me know this kindly:

I want to install opensuse , when i go to their website i see few options:
    1. Download with DVD and supported upgrades.
    2. KDE live cd can be used for installation but no upgrades.Size arround more than 600MB.
    Now Q. is that i want to install KDE but confused if i download live CD KDE version for installation can i install opensus on my system and after installing it from Live CD can i upgrade it with internet connection or its 100% neccesary that for proper upgrade i just have to install opensuse by DVD 4.7GB.

Actually DVD size is very big i already downloaded but i think its crashy download and now its not opening installer. So i wana download by smaller size.

Thanks.

KDE LiveCD is for fresh installation only and you can not upgrade earlier installed version using it.
    If you are going for a fresh install then KDE LiveCD is perfect for you. You can install other package and/or upgrade it later on.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks for quick reply .

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    KDE LiveCD is for fresh installation only and you can not upgrade earlier installed version using it.
    If you are going for a fresh install then KDE LiveCD is perfect for you. You can install other package and/or upgrade it later on.
    Thank you for this "you can not upgrade earlier installed version using it. " I had not interpreted the page instructions in this way, but assumed it once installed could not be upgraded.
    Thank you for clarification.