Find the answer to your Linux question:
Suse 12.2 This has happened before. I don't recall the situation so I'm not sure what was going on, but here we are again. I will be able to get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SuSE Takes Hours to Load

Suse 12.2
    This has happened before. I don't recall the situation so I'm not sure what was going on, but here we are again. I will be able to get to the desktop if I wait about two hours.

I'll see the boot screen with the white orbs flying around at normal speed. Just as they're about to converge into one, they suddenly stop. I thought at first that they were frozen, but when I look closer, they're pulsing still and actually are still moving. It's like the animation is 1/20th their original speed. Finally they'll converge into one orb, disappear, and the screen will just stay there for hours. Good thing I have more than on computer while I'm waiting

Not really sure where I could begin to troubleshoot this. I tried ctrl+alt+F1 through F6 to see if I could get another session open but nothing is happening.

Just Joined!
    Alright so what happened is that I removed a blank, brand new, unformatted SATA hard drive from my system to put it in another computer. I don't understand how this could have any impact on the loading time. Any ideas what's going on there?

Just Joined!
    Now I see my error. When I had installed my OS, somehow I ended up mounting / onto another drive (the one I removed last night to put into my other computer). This drive also had a swap file on it. Currently plowing through grub2 documentation as I'm going to have to shrink my /home directory on /dev/sda2 and then figure out how to migrate the / on /dev/sdd2 over to the /dev/sda drive. Well, on the bright side, at least I have an interesting project to work on this weekend.
    Code:
    df -H

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    rootfs          2.0T  4.8G  2.0T   1% /
    devtmpfs        8.4G   37k  8.4G   1% /dev
    tmpfs           8.5G  611k  8.5G   1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           8.5G  771k  8.5G   1% /run
    /dev/sdd2       2.0T  4.8G  2.0T   1% /
    tmpfs           8.5G     0  8.5G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs           8.5G  771k  8.5G   1% /var/lock
    tmpfs           8.5G     0  8.5G   0% /media
    tmpfs           8.5G  771k  8.5G   1% /var/run