Find the answer to your Linux question:
Which openSUSE version should I install for the longest future support? I see that the last "evergreen" release was 11.4. According to openSUSE's wikipedia entry, support for 11.4 ends in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Which openSUSE version for longest support?

Which openSUSE version should I install for the longest future support?

I see that the last "evergreen" release was 11.4. According to openSUSE's wikipedia entry, support for 11.4 ends in mid-2014. This is also about when support ends for the current non-evergreen release 12.3.

Does anyone know what the next evergreen release will be or when it will become available?

Which openSUSE version should I install to get longest term support?

Thank you for your help.

Just Joined!
    if you have licenced one then there is no problem for future support,but for you its better to install 12.2 version because its a almost newest version of suse and you will get future support but time even i dont know.

Linux Newbie
    I can't give an answer but I can share my experience as a long time user of openSUSE.
    Basically I can't remember seeing a LTS version, I think those are reserved for SLES the enterprise versions.

I have started with as low as 11.1 Milestone 0 and upgraded progressively to new versions, now on 13.1 Milestone 0 (factory) on 3 x86_64 boxes and I find the upgrades very stable.

My recommendation would be to try 12.3 which is the latest stable.

Just Joined!
    Thank you both for your replies. Sounds like I should go with 12.3, the latest stable. Thanks again.