Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i recognized that from an other Computer a Login is still active under the same User xyz. How can i exit/abort this login/session form the terminal/command line? I'm in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Logout a session from an other computer

Hi, i recognized that from an other Computer a Login is still active under the same User xyz. How can i exit/abort this login/session form the terminal/command line? I'm in a network and using linux not for a long time. Thank you very much.

If you want to force some user out , use pkill

Code:
    pkill -u <username>
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    What i have to entered for <username>? The user i'm actually logged in? Repeatly: From an other computer a login with the same user name is still active. I'm sorry for my English.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Sorry I don't understand your question clearly. If you want to logout from your session simply type 'logout'.

If you want to end some other person (xyz) session. You need to be root user and then type
    Code:
    pkill -u xyz
    If you want to some session killed from remote machine-

Code:
    ssh root@remote-ipaddress "pkill -u xyz"
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org