Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I really was not sure where to put this post so please correct me if this is not the correct place. I have been a web based automation person ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    RdK
    Just Joined!

Automation

Hello

I really was not sure where to put this post so please correct me if this is not the correct place.

I have been a web based automation person in the past and I have joined a new company that want to automate their product running on SLES11SP2. So I have been looking around for some tools but I figured the experts would know more then my random google searches.

So this is a non-gui app running strictly CLI. I was wondering if there is some program that you guys have used in the past that could automate something like PuTTY, or is there a program that I could install a GUI version of SuSE and automate from that command Line.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi and welcome

If I understand your post correctly, then you either want a bash or expect script.
    Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
    Code:
    man bash
    man expect
    But it would be good to see an example workflow and a description of the expected outcome.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

RdK
    Just Joined!
    I looked into bash scripting and it will work but its not really what I am looking for. The product I am trying to test is, basicly submit a command and then check the db to see if its there. then submit a command to modify and see if its been modified. Its a pretty basic task but some of the more tricky stuff will come later. How ever is there an open source product that is a secure web based ssh client? this would open up to more automation products using ruby on rails or something similar to that

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close