Find the answer to your Linux question:
Thanks to Irithori who suggested me to install a fresh copy of linux in a new machine in my previous post. I want to install suse 12.3, I ve downloaded ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing suse 12.3 in a new machine

Thanks to Irithori who suggested me to install a fresh copy of linux in a new machine in my previous post.

I want to install suse 12.3, I ve downloaded iso file of more than 4 GB (to be burnt to DVD).

Can anyone help me to install the server from very first step in a very simple way.

Thank you

Regds,
    Dinesh

Just Joined!
    HI!
    Thanks for ur suggestion. Im in the process of getting a new computer to be used as a linux server. However, plz suggest me whether I get a Server Itself or a higher end desktop with two ethernet controllers.

Regds,
    Dinesh

Linux Guru
    The link below provides extremely detailed information on setting up a server on Opensuse. It explains everything which will be set up so if you don't want some software, you can just skip it. This is specific to 12.1, I don't know if changes have been made to 12.3. You could try googling for 12.3 opensuse server install.

I don't see the relationship between your first and second post, was this thread moved?

Just Joined!
    Thanks!!
    Actually, that was different post , not a thread to this post.