Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi. i use opensuse 12.3. and this is fstab: Code: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-MAXTOR_STM3250310AS_6RY6W8ZM-part1 swap swap defaults 0 0 /dev/disk/by-id/ata-MAXTOR_STM3250310AS_6RY6W8ZM-part2 / ext4 acl,user_xattr 1 1 /dev/disk/by-id/ata-MAXTOR_STM3250310AS_6RY6W8ZM-part3 /home ext4 acl,user_xattr 1 2 proc /proc ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

opensuse 12.3 cannot read and write to ext4

hi.
    i use opensuse 12.3.
    and this is fstab:

Code:
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-MAXTOR_STM3250310AS_6RY6W8ZM-part1 swap                 swap       defaults              0 0
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-MAXTOR_STM3250310AS_6RY6W8ZM-part2 /                    ext4       acl,user_xattr        1 1
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-MAXTOR_STM3250310AS_6RY6W8ZM-part3 /home                ext4       acl,user_xattr        1 2
    proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
    sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
    debugfs              /sys/kernel/debug    debugfs    noauto                0 0
    usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0
    devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD10EARS-14Y5B1_WD-WCAV5S728476-part1 /media/Archive      ext4 acl,user_xattr 1 2
    but i can not read or write to /media/Archive , ext4 hdd.
    in root , i can do any things , but in normaly user i cant.
    please help.

Linux Guru
    Check the owner:group and permissions with the command: ls -ld /media/Archive
    If it is root:root then you can change the owner, or you can change the group and put whichever user you want into that group with write permissions.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    Check the owner:group and permissions with the command: ls -ld /media/Archive
    If it is root:root then you can change the owner, or you can change the group and put whichever user you want into that group with write permissions.
    its root:root.

i try to change it but when i enable "Apply changes to all subfolders and their contetns" its still in Apply changes and nothing to do.

i try to change my default group to root but no change.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close