Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello friends, When I add one of my path into $PATH like 'export PATH = $PATH:/home/alex/socol/fsd/asdebin/', the title apprear. can you help me out for these issues? best regards, alex...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WHY rediculous long path truncated

Hello friends,

When I add one of my path into $PATH like 'export PATH = $PATH:/home/alex/socol/fsd/asdebin/', the title apprear.
    can you help me out for these issues?

best regards,
    alex

I'm not sure I understand what you mean ... on my gentoo box ...
    Code:
    export PATH=$PATH:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2
    websurfer@Desktop-PC ~ $ echo $PATH
    /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.7.3:/usr/i486-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.1.2:/usr/games/bin:/home/user-data/websurfer:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2
    websurfer@Desktop-PC ~ $ export PATH=$PATH:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2_any_old_crap_i_can_think_of_to_extend_the_path_to_something_which_is_clearly_longer_than_anything_im_likely_to_encounter_ever_i_think_well_i_could_be_wrong_but_lets_see_what_happens_anyway_as_I_have_not_created_a_folder_with_this_long_name
    /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.7.3:/usr/i486-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.1.2:/usr/games/bin:/home/user-data/websurfer:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2_any_old_crap_i_can_think_of_to_extend_the_path_to_something_which_is_clearly_longer_than_anything_im_likely_to_encounter_ever_i_think_well_i_could_be_wrong_but_lets_see_what_happens_anyway_as_I_have_not_created_a_folder_with_this_long_name
    the output of env may also help ...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan183 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean ... on my gentoo box ...
    Code:
    export PATH=$PATH:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2
    /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.7.3:/usr/i486-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.1.2:/usr/games/bin:/home/user-data/websurfer:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2
    websurfer@Desktop-PC ~ $ export PATH=$PATH:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2_any_old_crap_i_can_think_of_to_extend_the_path_to_something_which_is_clearly_longer_than_anything_im_likely_to_encounter_ever_i_think_well_i_could_be_wrong_but_lets_see_what_happens_anyway_as_I_have_not_created_a_folder_with_this_long_name
    /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.7.3:/usr/i486-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.1.2:/usr/games/bin:/home/user-data/websurfer:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2:/home/user-data/websurfer/websurfer2_any_old_crap_i_can_think_of_to_extend_the_path_to_something_which_is_clearly_longer_than_anything_im_likely_to_encounter_ever_i_think_well_i_could_be_wrong_but_lets_see_what_happens_anyway_as_I_have_not_created_a_folder_with_this_long_name
    the output of env may also help ...
    Thanks to you Jonathan183 first, I complete the description of the question. I add the path of execute file into .bashrc file of my own just like the upper I said. but when I source .bashrc, the fault reported like 'rediculous long path truncated'. I do not know what caused that or why happened like that? Can you help me out?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    You can use Long Path Tool, it works for these kinds of issues!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceten View Post
    You can use Long Path Tool, it works for these kinds of issues!
    Thanks to you, Aliceten. But that's the only method to solve the issues?
    is there any other means to fix the issues without using any tool like Long Path Tool?
    I need the essential method , not the normal ones.