Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello dear all in the process to upgrade from suse12.3 to 13.1 i want to store the passwords / keys in the therefore i need to start KGpg - but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

starting KGpg via terminal in order to store/ save the keys

hello dear all

in the process to upgrade from suse12.3 to 13.1 i want to store the passwords / keys in the

therefore i need to start KGpg - but it does not start by the start-menu.
    note .- i have had this issue years before - i guess that i have to start it via termnial

- how to do this?
    - if it runs - how to make a copy of all the keys that are stored in KGpg?

note: i prefer to use KGpg - for the saving and management of the keys. i do not want to work with the The Enigmail OpenPGP Key Manager

question: is this okay... ??

see the Enigmail OpenPGP Key Manager

Enigmail OpenPGP Key Manager
    The Enigmail OpenPGP Key Manager is designed to be simple to use with a clean, powerful interface.
    You can access it from within Thunderbird/SeaMonkey via the OpenPGP menu: OpenPGP > Key Management.
    You can also run it as a stand alone application by appending -pgpkeyman to the command that
    runs Thunderbird/SeaMonkey, e.g. on Windows: "CProgram Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -pgpkeyman.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
    i need to start KGpg - but it does not start by the start-menu.
    note .- i have had this issue years before - i guess that i have to start it via termnial

- how to do this?
    how do you do what? start it via the terminal, or start it via the start menu?

to start it via the terminal, open a terminal and run:

Code:
    /usr/bin/kgpg
    i believe that is the default path of the kgpg package in OpenSuSE 12.x anyway.

to fix it not launching from the start menu might be trickier. but start with this: is there an icon in the start menu that is not working, or is there no icon at all?

also, does this file exist?
    Code:
    /usr/share/applications/kde4/kgpg.desktop
    if so, show the contents of the file.

also, what is your Desktop Manager (GNOME, KDE, etc.)?