Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running opensuse enterprise 11 sp1 I tried to install gcc43-c++-xxxxx.rpm and got a failure message saying that it requires gcc43-c++ I search for gcc43-c++, but all results I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Where to download gcc43-c++

I am running opensuse enterprise 11 sp1
    I tried to install gcc43-c++-xxxxx.rpm and got a failure message saying that it requires gcc43-c++

I search for gcc43-c++, but all results I got so far is gcc43-c++-something. But what I need is just gcc43-c++.

Is that the base C compile that just come with OpenSuse base package? Any idea where I can download just gcc43-c++ ?

Linux Engineer
    Here's one version of it. RPM OpenSuSE 11.X gcc 4.3 x86_64 rpm

Just Joined!
    Thanks gregm. The package your link pointed to is gcc-c++-4.3-34.243.x86_64.rpm
    I tried a few rpms with something after gcc-c++, they all come back with error saying gcc43-c++ is needed. (see sample output below)
    I have not tried the one that you suggested. But I think it will be the same error. I am not sure what just "gcc43-c++" is. Could that be just the base C compiler ? If so where can I get it.

(root) # rpm -ivh gcc-c++-4.3-62.198.x86_64.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
    gcc43-c++ is needed by gcc-c++-4.3-62.198.x86_64

Linux Engineer
    That just doesn't make any sense.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_789 View Post
    Thanks gregm. The package your link pointed to is gcc-c++-4.3-34.243.x86_64.rpm
    I tried a few rpms with something after gcc-c++, they all come back with error saying gcc43-c++ is needed. (see sample output below)
    I have not tried the one that you suggested. But I think it will be the same error. I am not sure what just "gcc43-c++" is. Could that be just the base C compiler ? If so where can I get it.

(root) # rpm -ivh gcc-c++-4.3-62.198.x86_64.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
    gcc43-c++ is needed by gcc-c++-4.3-62.198.x86_64
    Check this link SUSE Enterprise 11 sp1 the standard c++ compiler is gcc43-c++. So it should be there unless you or someone may have inadvertently removed it. gregm is right makes no since. You might want to look for your install media and reinstall the package to meet the dependency issue for the updated download.

https://www.suse.com/LinuxPackages/p...name=index_all