Find the answer to your Linux question:
Good day guys. please help me regarding this matter, i have server suse linux with 12 user connected into it, my problem is some of my users is cannot log ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

suse linux help with my full file manager

Good day guys.

please help me regarding this matter, i have server suse linux with 12 user connected into it, my problem is some of my users is cannot log in because of the file manager of my suse linux is full thats why i cant log in my other user, can you tell me how to fix this problem of mine.

as you can see the
    filemanager /dev/cciss/c0d0p2 is db/data use data is 98%
    filemanager /dev/cciss/c0d1p2 is db/log use data is 84%
    filemanager /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 is home use data is 100%

my priority to fix is my home drive can you tell me guys what is command or steps how to delete some data on my home to run my other user

thank you guys. i appreciate your informations that you will give to me.

i am new in linux that why i dont know how to fix this problem thanks guys... advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi and welcome

The /db/data mountpoint seems even more critical for me, as you might run into the problem of inconsistent database files.
    Depending on how important that database is I would probably look into that first.
    Decide if there are files that can be deleted. Maybe old database dumps?
    If not or if you cant tell, then I would suggest to shutdown the database.
    It is better to do it controlled than to wait until the database will crash because of lack of disk space.

For the /home:
    Use "du" to determine the largest directories and then ask the users to clean up.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    Hi sir Irithori.

The possible solution to fix the home is to ask user to clean, but sir Irithori, i already do that, i clean some user and erase not necessary files on users but the space on my suse linux is still the same? what you think the problem thats why the users cant clean the files on it?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Either you didnt delete enough or the files are still held open by an application.
    fyi: By default, there is a 5% margin of a disk, that only root can use. So depending on which files were deleted, it may not affect the 100%.

But ok, if there are no more files that can be deleted, then the disk is full.
    Can you add more disks or better raids and then distribute the homedirs?

Just Joined!
    sir irithori
    upon on my checking and doing on this time i already again clean one of my user i delete or clean exactly 13 gig of files one of my user, but when i reboot and log in it again it takes time to opening the directory of my desktop only loading on your personal settings and until now still not opening. do you think there is other way or manually to fix my problem sir?

upon my checking sir my user files is save on my home data base upon my checking on my server

Sorry, but your english is hard to understand.

Ok, so you deleted 13GByte of that 50GByte /home partition.
    Now your problem is no longer disk space, but speed?

You could track which application uses IO with the usual tools:
    vmstat, iostat, iotop.

Just Joined!
    Sorry for that, what i need to tell is the size of my linux server /home still the same, even i delete some files in my user connected to my server. To the software you suggest what is the function of that sir i have no idea what software can do.

thanks..