Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello sorry if this is in the wrong subbreddit but I have a problem mounting a external hard rive. I get the following error "Unable to mount the volume Details: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unable to mount the volume Details: Cannot get volume.fstype.alternati

Hello sorry if this is in the wrong subbreddit but I have a problem mounting a external hard rive. I get the following error "Unable to mount the volume Details: Cannot get volume.fstype.alternative". I looked it up and the solution was to install ntfs-3g and libfuse2 it seemed. I installed libfuse2, but it said it was already installed. So I tried to install ntfs-3g and received this 'ntfs-3g' not found in package names. trying capabilities no provider of 'ntfs-3g' found. resolving package dependencies. Not sure how to get ntfs-3g then or is there some other way to fix this error? thanks.

What OS are you using?
    Glenn