Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I have a weird temporary tasks/processes in the taskbar after running an application (e.g. Dolphin, VLC, Chrome). It takes a sec for Doplhin and Chrome but for VLC it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Weird temporary tasks on taskbar in KDE

Hello.

I have a weird temporary tasks/processes in the taskbar after running an application (e.g. Dolphin, VLC, Chrome). It takes a sec for Doplhin and Chrome but for VLC it takes several seconds and can be quite annoying as there could be many of them when I click (and therefore play) on the .mp3 file few times. I enclose a screenshot of the taskbar after clicking twice on the .mp3 file.

reffefghrtr.jpg
    reffefghrtr.jpg

How to get rid of these unnecessary tasks?
    Last edited by kokosek; 06-10-2014 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Adding a screenshot.

Linux Engineer
    Have you played with the task manager settings? I wonder if grouping by program name might help?

Just Joined!
    I have now but it didn't work. Knowing now the name of the widget (task manager) I was able to find another topic but none of the pieces of advise worked for me.
    Code:
    bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=123833
    I've tried removing the panel and adding it again and changing the mentioned file (I don't have the lines they suggest to delete).

So the problem's open. Weird that I can't find any solution. It doesn't seem that I'm the only person to have this "problem". Perhaps I'm the only one annoyed by it.