Find the answer to your Linux question:
My process gets killed on linux server without manual intervention. I have verified the following scenarios. •No manual intervention done to kill either by user or admin •RAM and SWAP ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Process killed on linux unexpectedly

My process gets killed on linux server without manual intervention. I have verified the following scenarios.

•No manual intervention done to kill either by user or admin
    •RAM and SWAP are not exhausted
    •'strace' gives me the message that "+++ killed by SIGKILL +++" - This makes me to assume that Kernel has killed the process.

The process occupies 16.5GB of virtual memory where the RAM is 16GB and the SWAP being 50GB.

234.jpg

Could you please tell me the other reasons for Kernel to kill the process..

Have you gone thru you logs the time leading up to the process dying that is where you're going to find clues.
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Just Joined!
    Yes.. I have gone through 'strace' and 'dmesg' logs but didn't left me any clue to way forward.

Linux Newbie
    Maybe check for any resource limits that are in effect for the process with this:

Code:
    cat /proc/###/limits
    where "###" is the process id. So obviously you'll need to check that while it's running. It might be that the code is failing on a malloc() or other memory allocation call then killing itself. If it's multi-threaded that might be the way one thread is signalling that the whole mess needs to shutdown.