Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Now that you're around. I can ask a few more questions. I really appreciate your help moe!! Thanks. you said: " PostPosted: 13 Jan 2005 07:18 pm Post subject: Tanker ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Now that you're around. I can ask a few more questions. I really appreciate your help moe!! Thanks.

you said:
    "
    PostPosted: 13 Jan 2005 07:18 pm Post subject:
    Tanker wrote:
    I would also like to know the answer to the above post. Will I be able to download all the files in 6 hours if I download the Mini version? How many files are there anyway?

The mini version is *much* smaller, and contains only enough packages to get you started so you can download the rest and install them off the SuSE FTP site. The full retail version of SuSE has around 3,400 packages. "

So that means I'll have to download during the setup?! Sheesh, I have no idea how long that'll take.....DIAL UP GRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker
    So that means I'll have to download during the setup?! Sheesh, I have no idea how long that'll take.....DIAL UP GRRRRR
    Right, the Mini-Installation CD requires you to have an internet connection during the install, which will probably take a long time on dialup. You're kind of in a difficult position there.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    right...I'm stuck here. I read somewhere that it is OK to copy CDs of Linux SUSE if people are not going to get paid for it or get there friends to wash there car or something?

Is that true?

I will get the link if I can.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanker
    right...I'm stuck here. I read somewhere that it is OK to copy CDs of Linux SUSE if people are not going to get paid for it or get there friends to wash there car or something?

Is that true?

I will get the link if I can.
    Haha. Well, I've emailed Novell and they told me that it's perfectly fine to loan CDs to a friend (even the retail ones) or make copies for that friend and give them to them, as long as you do not receive any sort of compensation for them. If you know someone with SuSE, borrow their CDs/DVDs.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Hey THATS Awesome. but I'm still surrounded by problems...lol...

The thing is, I live somewhere where SUSE Cds are not sold so no one has them...I'll have to find some real nice people on the web who can send me a copy of CDs not DVD as I do not have a DVD Drive (huh!)

Anyone?? you moe? lol

Linux Newbie
    Hey THATS Awesome. but I'm still surrounded by problems...lol...

The thing is, I live somewhere where SUSE Cds are not sold so no one has them...I'll have to find some real nice people on the web who can send me a copy of CDs not DVD as I do not have a DVD Drive (huh!)
    i think that you shold find someone with highspeed interned and then pay them a little to burn you it on a dvd.
    Windows is the problem, Linux is the solution!

Just Joined!
    Please read my previous post....I don't have a DVD Drive!! Anyone please? I mean I would really love it if someone could send it to me...

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple5
    So you can't get DVD without a dvd-burner ?
    So its better for me to get the MINI since I can get a more up to date SuSe 9.2 right?
    Unless you have a DVD-burner, the ISO file is worthless. AFAIK (and I could be wrong) you cannot mount the ISO file and run the installer from there, so the only way you can install from the DVD is to burn it to a DVD.

Since you have dialup, I *HIGHLY* recommend downloading the mini version or buying the DVD somewhere, because it will take you forever to download the DVD and you wouldn't be able to use it anyway.
    So I'm fine with the mini installation since I have broadband

Linux Newbie
    Please read my previous post....I don't have a DVD Drive!! Anyone please? I mean I would really love it if someone could send it to me...
    sorry, i thought you did not have a dvd burner but had a dvd drive.

i am not sure abot this but there shold be a place where you cand download suse and sent it to many cds.
    it might not be suse 9.2 pro but maybe an earlier version.
    Windows is the problem, Linux is the solution!

I've tried running Suse 9.2 mini via vmware and Im not able to load the netword card driver so theres no way to install suse without no FTP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast