Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by RobNyc I've tried running Suse 9.2 mini via vmware and Im not able to load the netword card driver so theres no way to install suse without ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNyc
    I've tried running Suse 9.2 mini via vmware and Im not able to load the netword card driver so theres no way to install suse without no FTP
    Perhaps you should have qualified that with "there's no way to install SuSE on *VMWare* without FTP access. As far as I know the DVD image gives you a full install just fine without it. You're obviously not getting all the available packages, but you're getting a base system at least.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

64 version

does anyone know a torrent download for 64-bit version of suse 9.2 for 64bit AMD chip ?

downloading from this site ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/x86_64/current/iso/ and mirrors have failed many times.

does this download (http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-31189.html) have the 64-bit version too ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I've tried running Suse 9.2 mini via vmware and Im not able to load the netword card driver so theres no way to install suse without no FTP
    Perhaps you should have qualified that with "there's no way to install SuSE on *VMWare* without FTP access. As far as I know the DVD image gives you a full install just fine without it. You're obviously not getting all the available packages, but you're getting a base system at least.
    No actually nothing was installed. You can't install suse mini via vmware since it needs ftp and it won't load the network driver

No actually nothing was installed. You can't install suse mini via vmware since it needs ftp and it won't load the network driver
    You missed my point entirely. Your original statement was this:

I said that you should perhaps clarify this statement since someone might get the wrong idea and think that you're saying there is no way to install SuSE without FTP *anywhere*, whereas you were referring to a specific situation (i.e. installing within a virtual machine).
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    You missed my point entirely. Your original statement was this:

I said that you should perhaps clarify this statement since someone might get the wrong idea and think that you're saying there is no way to install SuSE without FTP *anywhere*, whereas you were referring to a specific situation (i.e. installing within a virtual machine).
    thanks but they will understand I hope

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4