Find the answer to your Linux question:
Firstly, hello to all forumites - I am totally new to Linux and by no means a techie propellerhead so please dont speak algebra at me. I was recommended to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hello all - newbie here

Firstly, hello to all forumites - I am totally new to Linux and by no means a techie propellerhead so please dont speak algebra at me. I was recommended to try Linux by a friend and really like the look of the software but have run up against a few problems on my shiny new install of Suse 9.2 pro.

How do I get my Speedtouch 330 DSL USB modem to work? need to get online to get updates/nvidia drivers etc

Why dont the CD/Media players work? do I need drivers/codecs etc (online again)

All help appreciated. I can generally find my way around windows x -poo but am getting tired of it falling over, and the constant need to upgrade/ give Bill more money.

Your modem has Linux embedded firmware in it, so it should be up and working. Did you have it plugged in during the install? plugged in during boot up? You may need to run YAS to get the setup to work.
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829