Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am NEW B to linux. Suse 9.2 is first purchased distro, but I bought the "student" version of Suse 9.2 direct from ShopNovell site for my son. I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Suse 9.2 MD5SUMs for CDs

I am NEW B to linux. Suse 9.2 is first purchased distro, but I bought the "student" version of Suse 9.2 direct from ShopNovell site for my son.

I am disappointed in this software and am wondering if the student version has different CDs from the full priced 9.2 set? Can anyone provide the MD5SUMs for the CDs that come in the Suse 9.2 box set so I can compare.

Too many things are broken.... monitor only comes up in 600 X 800;

mozilla email won't allow you to enter email addresses as the box is too big for the screen and can't be resized. Having difficulty with playing CD music.
    Sound works for web sites but not from CD.

Then tried to use Evolution and the font size stays the same when isntructed to change it.

Tried to use YAST to remove software and it isn't removed.

Have reloaded from scratch and still same problems.

Anyway, would like to know the MD5SUM for the 5 CDs in the Suse 9.2 boxed set so I can check mine.

Linux Newbie
    Even though that i cant supply MD5SUMs because i did not buy suse 9.2 I can tell you that I am pretty sure that the student version is the same as the complete version.

If you still think that the student version is not the same as the complete version you can download suse linux 9.2 pro full version from http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-31189.html
    Windows is the problem, Linux is the solution!