Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi there...i've downloaded suse version 9.1 live in cd and 9.2kde version..both of them i couldnt install in the hard drive...can some fien me a suse which sould be installed...i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to install suse???

hi there...i've downloaded suse version 9.1 live in cd and 9.2kde version..both of them i couldnt install in the hard drive...can some fien me a suse which sould be installed...i dunno how..i tried yast...it says no proposal...thank you...

If you have downloaded the Live CD, just burn the ISO to a cd using nero or something (if ur in win, k3b or something for linux)

If you wanted the full version, you can do an online install. Look here for a list of all the SuSE mirrors for one in your vicinity.

In order to do the online install, you will need to download a 20Mb iso file that allows you to get to the install. If you want me to explain how to do it, pm me, and i'll send u a guide.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    sdousley..thanx for ur info...i managed to ask one of frens and they gave me this suse 9.1 personal...which directly boots up into yast...so i'm using suse now... ...but there's this problem...i accidently boot into failsafe..
    and when i reboot back...suse couldnt any of the keyboard inputs...any help..i onli can use my mouse..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    is the keyboard or mouse USB? I know i have had problems occasionally with USB mice on other people's computers. The way i solved it was to just unplug and plug the mouse back in, but i know this is not an ideal solution as u have to do it every time you reboot!! apart from that, i am not sure what u can do, as i guess u can't even log in!!
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    dousley...i'm using a laptop...ibm r51