Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1

    sftp thru put suse to windows 2012 slow


    hi all,

    suse 12.1 on power 8 little endian
    windows 2012

    suse 12.1 using 4gbit shared interface from vio
    windos
    if i transfer file from windows to suse.. it is very quick.
    but
    if i transfer file from suse to windows.. it is v.v. slow
    what cld be the reason

    protocol used sftp using utility winscp

    because of this probably my tsm backup is also slow..
    any solution to this issue

    Regards
    suraqah

  2. #2
    Linux User
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by suraqahpak View Post
    hi all,

    suse 12.1 on power 8 little endian
    windows 2012

    suse 12.1 using 4gbit shared interface from vio windos
    if i transfer file from windows to suse.. it is very quick. but if i transfer file from suse to windows.. it is v.v. slow what cld be the reason
    maybe its your text speak. the words are 'very very" and 'could". cant be bothered to type out a word, then we cant be bothered to answer you. and what do you mean a '4gbit shared interface from vio windos"? what is that? and suse 12.1 is friggin old and was end of life a LONG time ago.
    protocol used sftp using utility winscp because of this probably my tsm backup is also slow.. any solution to this issue
    tsm doesnt use ssh scp or sftp. one has nothing to do with the other. thats like saying 'my power is out, so i think that may be why i cant flush my toilet".

    if this is a vm then you need to check the adapter settings. if this is suse enterprise 12 and not the really old opensuse 12, then call suse support.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by habit View Post
    maybe its your text speak. the words are 'very very" and 'could". cant be bothered to type out a word, then we cant be bothered to answer you.
    finding faults for nothing..
    we cant.. or u cant.. pls mention only ur self

    and what do you mean a '4gbit shared interface from vio windos"? what is that? and suse 12.1 is friggin old and was end of life a LONG time ago.
    u cant have opensuse on power8
    4gbit shared interface from vio cant do much.. u better not enter into stuff which u dont know abt

    [QOUTE]
    tsm doesnt use ssh scp or sftp. one has nothing to do with the other. thats like saying 'my power is out, so i think that may be why i cant flush my toilet".[/QUOTE]

    yes tsm is not using ssh scp or sftp.. but there are reasons y u do that which u r not aware of ... but u think you know every thing

    if this is a vm then you need to check the adapter settings. if this is suse enterprise 12 and not the really old opensuse 12, then call suse support.
    if it is on power 8 with vio then it is vm... for sure

    only bit sensible reply.. in your all taunting and teasing reply..

    there is no compulsion for u to reply if u dont understand it.
    dont confuse others.

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #4
    Linux Guru Segfault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Acadiana
    Posts
    2,185
    It is up to you. You want people to respond to your help request - make it easy. Currently I see no reason why anybody should even read your text speak.

  6. #5
    Linux User
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by suraqahpak View Post
    finding faults for nothing.. we cant.. or u cant.. pls mention only ur self
    love it or shove it. spell out your words or go somewhere else for a handout
    u cant have opensuse on power8 4gbit shared interface from vio cant do much.. u better not enter into stuff which u dont know abt
    mainly because YOU cant spell and wont explain. so if its not opensuse that means is sles. so call support and give them your 'u pls to be helping" crap.
    yes tsm is not using ssh scp or sftp.. but there are reasons y u do that which u r not aware of ... but u think you know every thing
    so tell us then, what are they? you say they dont use the same things, right after you say thats why their both slow. i may not know everything but its clear i know alot more than you
    if it is on power 8 with vio then it is vm... for sure
    and how do we know what it is unless you tell us? saying '4gbit vio" says nothing. not going to bother to try to decipher your half-assed garbage to try to help you. ask a clear question and explain things with whole words or go get help somewhere else.
    only bit sensible reply.. in your all taunting and teasing reply.. there is no compulsion for u to reply if u dont understand it. dont confuse others.
    the only one confused seems to be you. you have sles and wont call support, you were told tsm and ssh have nothing to do with each other and you argue about it, wont answer questions about your environment, and ignore the suggestion you were given to check.

    its you with the problem. my servers are working fine.

    EDIT: you want to whine about US not knowing things? this is you isnt it?
    https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...cp-4175625193/

    you have posted this same crap with text speak everywhere, and cant answer questions there either. and you dont know how to check your own system? hire some, jari, and get them to solve your problem.
    Last edited by habit; 03-09-2018 at 01:29 PM.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by habit View Post
    love it or shove it. spell out your words or go somewhere else for a handout
    ......
    .....

    .
    oh my my

    so TSM new name Spectrum Protect uses ssl in its newer versions if backups are slow.. one has to identify if its because of the Spectrum Protect (SP), or its because of the Operating system on which SP is installed. or its because of the client operating system. or its because of network.

    so the simple way to do that is one should try copying file from client OS to SP server using any protocol.
    such as ftp or sftp.
    if one finds out that the file transfer speed is slow. then one can check doing a simple file transfer to some other server. if that is also slow..

    then it makes things quite easier to understand.. that it is not SP issue.. it is something related to network settings.

    then their are further steps to troubleshoot and go down..

    so Mr. Geek... i m not over here on a competition with you.. then why did i wrote the whole SP story.. to let you know that you are not aware of the reasons why SP admins will use file transfer..

    I m over here, that someone might knew the issue and tell me what could be done..

    like now once i resolve this issue.. and i see someone posting anything like this.. i will immediately reply 1, 2, 3 check and here you go.

    at the end, i would again say that you do not have any compulsion to answer.. so relax..
    if speak text is not good.. just simply skip..

    or if you have to advise then advise in good manner..

    you are better than me.. enjoy!!!

  8. #7
    Linux User
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by suraqahpak View Post
    oh my my

    so TSM new name Spectrum Protect uses ssl in its newer versions if backups are slow.. one has to identify if its because of the Spectrum Protect (SP), or its because of the Operating system on which SP is installed. or its because of the client operating system. or its because of network.

    so the simple way to do that is one should try copying file from client OS to SP server using any protocol. such as ftp or sftp. if one finds out that the file transfer speed is slow. then one can check doing a simple file transfer to some other server. if that is also slow.. then it makes things quite easier to understand.. that it is not SP issue.. it is something related to network settings.
    no kidding, moron. this is what you were told from the start. and ssl is not ssh, is it?
    then their are further steps to troubleshoot and go down.. so Mr. Geek... i m not over here on a competition with you.. then why did i wrote the whole SP story.. to let you know that you are not aware of the reasons why SP admins will use file transfer..
    real aware of it since i USE IT and know exactly how to troubleshoot it. which you dont, obviously.
    I m over here, that someone might knew the issue and tell me what could be done..
    your company could hire someone who knows what their doing.
    like now once i resolve this issue.. and i see someone posting anything like this.. i will immediately reply 1, 2, 3 check and here you go. at the end, i would again say that you do not have any compulsion to answer.. so relax.. if speak text is not good.. just simply skip.. or if you have to advise then advise in good manner..
    no you need to follow the damned rules and have consideration for others. you dont come here and tell us youll do as you like and we'd better answer you the way YOU want. thats not how this works. werent you warned on LQ not to do it and you DID IT AGAIN ANYWAY didnt you?? I would ask if your a slow learner, but its pretty clear you are.
    you are better than me.. enjoy!!!
    no kidding jari

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by habit View Post
    no kidding, moron. this is what you were told from the start. and ssl is not ssh, is it?

    real aware of it since i USE IT and know exactly how to troubleshoot it. which you dont, obviously.

    your company could hire someone who knows what their doing.

    no you need to follow the damned rules and have consideration for others. you dont come here and tell us youll do as you like and we'd better answer you the way YOU want. thats not how this works. werent you warned on LQ not to do it and you DID IT AGAIN ANYWAY didnt you?? I would ask if your a slow learner, but its pretty clear you are.

    no kidding jari


    LQ rules only recommend not to use such text-speak..

    but i thinking you have special permissions to use words like damned and moron.

    and you dont even get warned on using such humiliating words
    and i do get warned on using text-speak..

    so you are awarded.
    anyways you have told much about yourself and your profile.

    and if someone is slow learner than ofcourse you have the right to humiliate this someone..

  10. #9
    Linux User
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by suraqahpak View Post
    LQ rules only recommend not to use such text-speak..but i thinking you have special permissions to use words like damned and moron.
    none of those are against the rules. and dont try that crap with 'its only recommended". thats garbage. you apparently lack both common sense and common courtesy, and your getting treated accordingly.
    and you dont even get warned on using such humiliating wordsand i do get warned on using text-speak..
    yep. the two are different and you KEEP ARGUING,instead of just saying 'sorry wont do it again"...you made it a POINT to do it more here. did you just want to make sure that no one here would ever help you again? because congratulations.....we wont
    so you are awarded. anyways you have told much about yourself and your profile. and if someone is slow learner than ofcourse you have the right to humiliate this someone..
    if you act like an idiot you get treated like one. welcome to real life.

  11. #10
    -->
    All member-created content should be in English. This allows our moderators to ensure all content complies with all LQ rules. In addition, we recommend you avoid sms/l33t speak in the technical fora. Avoiding sms/l33t speak will improve question clarity and increase the chance of receiving a helpful response.

    this clearly says they recommend..

    so whats crap is quite clear..

    you need to read LQ rules..
    read it twice or thrice..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •