Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

tuning Konqueror...(help needed)

hi peoples,
    newB here, pls be gentle ...
    i got question and hope some of you find time to inlighten me... on my system suse9.2 i'm using firefox for web-browsing and konqueror just for file management. well first question: is there anything else that can be used as a file manager?or it's just konqueror.
    i'm trying to configure background collore in konqureror but all it does is changes collor for a current folder - is there any way to apply changes to curent folder and all subfolders?
    oh yeah...if there is somehitng better then konqueror pls don't forget to tell me what it is?...
    thnx

some like to use midnightcommander as a file browser, but in KDE theres not much else (no one writes new ones as the defaults for both Gnome and KDE are pretty solid) there are alot of options in Konquer, but to change the background color, can't help you much, best bet might be to look and see what command is called to open konquer and see if its possible to pass an argument for it, then just add it to whatever icon you use to open konquer normaly.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333