Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm trying to find a download source for SuSE 8.0 8.1 or 8.2 - I'm trying to install onto a raid 0 set and I've read a report (thank ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Download Source for SuSE 8

Hi, I'm trying to find a download source for SuSE 8.0 8.1 or 8.2 - I'm trying to install onto a raid 0 set and I've read a report (thank god for google) that someone managed to install SuSE 8.2 onto a system nearly identical to mine. I also have the drivers for my raid controller, and they happen to be for SuSE 8.0, 8.1, or 8.2. The only issue, it seems, is that SuSE 8 is just plain unavailable.

Google has come up with an FTP from...the university of Georgia I beleive, and a download from the SuSE website. The FTP, for unknown reasons, hangs my system, but it works fine with others - stupid windows. The SuSE website doesn't have SuSE 8 personal or professional for download, only SuSE 8 Server. Various torrent sites have also turned up nothing (hypertorrent, torrentspy, thepiratebay)

Does anyone know where I could find an alternate source for SuSE 8?

Thanks.

~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    Thanks loft306, I will try those out and see if I can get suse to recognize my raid

On a sidenote, the redhat 9 download I started DAYS ago finally finished, and the installer reads my raid with the help of a driver disk. The only thing holding me back from it is the second and third CD's. Not sure why I bother paying for highspeed internet

I intend to try out SuSE as well, to see whether it will work at all, and also in case I like it more than Redhat. Expect a post from me with the results on that sometime in the future - likely over a week. I'll see if I can figure that command that I've seen that outputs your buffered and unbuffered data transfer rate and post results for each distro.

Thanks again.