Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

:: any task manager in linux"

hello ... well like in xp or 2000 there is a built in task manager wich helps a lot

well is there any task manager sort of thing in linux if yes then how to use it or run it thnx for replying in advance thnx `
    :: i dont know even a single word of linux ::

yea in kde it is called KDE system guard, In GNOME it is called gnome system moniter as well as many others
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Yes you can start the task manager by pressing the keys ctrl+Esc (SUSE)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

thnx

thnx for telling me summet .. thnx
    :: i dont know even a single word of linux ::

my 2 cents

I found this as the first link on a Google search for "unhide task manager on suse".

Scenario:
    My FF was spinning out and I just wanted to close it. I went down to the tray, the task bar; where it is you see the programs that are running in a 'normal' same-as-windows area. I right clicked. One on the FireFox representation and one option on the context menu was "Close this (or maybe Hide this) Task Manager".

I clicked it. Now, I can run my programs, but I didn't know how to get to my running apps. So... the answer didn't come up in my search and I called my Dad.

He said, "Alt+Tab"... so for u real noobs like me, that will not bring back the display, but cycle through running programs!!! Which, at least, puts us back into dev mode.

forum.guy
    Thread is already over 5 years old, so locking this one, guys...
    oz