Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello ... well like in xp or 2000 there is a built in task manager wich helps a lot well is there any task manager sort of thing in linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

:: any task manager in linux"

hello ... well like in xp or 2000 there is a built in task manager wich helps a lot

well is there any task manager sort of thing in linux if yes then how to use it or run it thnx for replying in advance thnx `
    :: i dont know even a single word of linux ::

yea in kde it is called KDE system guard, In GNOME it is called gnome system moniter as well as many others
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    Yes you can start the task manager by pressing the keys ctrl+Esc (SUSE)

Linux Newbie

thnx

thnx for telling me summet .. thnx
    :: i dont know even a single word of linux ::

Just Joined!

my 2 cents

I found this as the first link on a Google search for "unhide task manager on suse".

Scenario:
    My FF was spinning out and I just wanted to close it. I went down to the tray, the task bar; where it is you see the programs that are running in a 'normal' same-as-windows area. I right clicked. One on the FireFox representation and one option on the context menu was "Close this (or maybe Hide this) Task Manager".

I clicked it. Now, I can run my programs, but I didn't know how to get to my running apps. So... the answer didn't come up in my search and I called my Dad.

He said, "Alt+Tab"... so for u real noobs like me, that will not bring back the display, but cycle through running programs!!! Which, at least, puts us back into dev mode.

oz
    forum.guy
    Thread is already over 5 years old, so locking this one, guys...
    oz